View topic - KRISIUN - SOUTHERN STORM

Reply to topic
KRISIUN - SOUTHERN STORM

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » KRISIUN - SOUTHERN STORM
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: KRISIUN - SOUTHERN STORM Reply with quote

KRISIUN – SOUTHERN STORM

(Century Media)

Contender for my album of year, Krisiun blasted their way back onto the DM stage with album # 7. Well, that’s not strictly true, as Brazil’s deadliest sons are forever touring, and if you wait patiently then they’ll probably be gigging in a local venue near you any day now. Once again using Andy Classen at the helm the Brothers (Grim) Krisiun have taken the same formula that worked so well on 2006’s AssassiNation and ploughed ahead, the only difference being that they didn’t disappear up their own asses like so many other technical death metal bands.
Opener Slaying Steel sets the template; Krisiun are fast, bloody fast or insanely fast, capped with top-notch musicianship which has to be heard to believed. Drummer Max Kloesne is incredibly talented, and though highly respected in his own right deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Tony Laureano and Pete Sandoval. His sheer speed alone on Sentenced Morning will leave jaws agape, guaranteed. Elsewhere, tracks such as Whore of the Unlight, Combustion Inferno and Twisting Sights boast a certain 'grooviness' to them, as if Krisiun have learned that they don’t necessarily have to go for the jugular all the time. They even cover fellow countrymen Sepultura’s Refuse/Resist at the same tempo instead of bludgeoning it to death (check out their version of Sodom’s Nuclear Winter for a prime example in how-to-obliterate-an-original).

Krisiun play death metal, so no apologies needed. You'll either lap this up or you won't. I, on the other hand ... well, how biased can a review be ..?

Bacteria13. Very Happy
DemonGrinder
Helldriver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great album....great production...
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » KRISIUN - SOUTHERN STORM

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: