View topic - Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast

Reply to topic
Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast Reply with quote

Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast

(Regain Records)

Sweden’s Lord Belial has come a long way since their humble Black Metal beginnings. Where before their sound was reminiscent of early Bathory, i.e., raw and brutal, now they’re producing records of sheer elegance, and yes, I’m aware of the irony of a Black Metal band producing anything of ‘elegance’.
Nocturnal Beast is Lord Belial’s 6th full length album, and something of a secret passion of mine. I’m not the world’s biggest Black Metal fan by any means, for I like to hear music for music sake and not some thinly produced kitchen ware ensemble. Not here, however; Nocturnal Beast has the warmest production on a Black Metal album I’ve ever heard – think Iron Maiden crossed with latter-day Bathory, or, for that matter, Enslaved circa Isa. Credit must surely go to King Diamond guitarist/producer Andy LaRocque, a regular helmsman of Lord Belial, who has produced the most musical Black Metal album in a long time.

‘Demonic Possession’, ‘Indoctrination of Human Sorrow’, ‘Nocturnus’ … the subject matter may very well be Black Metal but the music … kinda isn’t.
Correction – this is a Black Metal record, but it’s the unlikeliest Black Metal album you’ll ever hear.

Bacteria13 Evil or Very Mad

Desolate Passage:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CL2YERHC
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Lord Belial - Nocturnal Beast

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: