View topic - ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY

Reply to topic
ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY Reply with quote

ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY

If symphonic Black Metal had a cheeky little brother that wanted to follow in his older sibling’s footsteps yet didn’t want to travel down the same spiked wristband route, then he would be called Envy. Led by main man and soon-to-be poster-boy Niko, Envy will appeal to those who find Cradle of Filth too noisy yet Evanescence too poppy.
Whilst not a huge fan of this genre – dare I call it Goth Metal? – there is something strangely appealing to this classy CD that I’m discovering with each listen. Niko’s lyrics are, at first glance, melancholic poetry, but there are rays of hope piercing through, especially on the epic ‘Spire’. Musically, Empyreal … at times comes across as light-weight Black Metal, with furious drumming and tasty solos curtesy of Niko (talented fellow) and two guitarists called John and Michael respectively, especially on the chameleon-like ‘Empyreal Son’. But there are dashes of melodic beauty littered throughout – ‘Sustenance’ comes to mind – that fans of Lacuna Coil or even Therion will no doubt appreciate.

A talented group of musicians driven by a natural-born front man and songwriter, it will be interesting to see where Envy will go from here.

Smile

Bacteria13.
wanja
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This section and the "Album Review" section is really very dangerous.........
on my ecconomy that is. Smile

I found this album bu ENVY for sale at "CD Baby" and some tracks from the album so you could have a listen.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/envy2

Now I've got to buy this album. I really don't know how many "new" bands I discovered since I joined this site.

I really luv this section! Wink
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » ENVY - EMPYREAL PROGENY

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: