View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 10:39 pm    Post subject: Favorite VOIVOD album? Reply with quote

My favorite VOIVOD album is Nothingface. As much as i like the Outer Limits, Negatron and even Angel Rat, Nothingface is filled with great songs & lyrics from start to finish, the artwork is what i consider Michel's best, and the production is very sharp. This is a classic metal album that every fan should own.

--------------------------------
As of August 11 2001 we have the following favorites as picked by fans in this forum section:

Dimension Hatross - 18 Fans
Nothing Face - 17 Fans
Killing Tech - 6 Fans
Phobos - 5 Fans
Outer Limits - 4 Fans
Rrroooaaarrr - 3 Fans
Angel Rat - 2 Fans
War and Pain - 2 Fans

[This message has been edited by yuri (edited August 11, 2001).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
arcan
Helldriver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2000 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothinface is ok for me also, for similar reasons... But I like to name all albums
quite excellent, each one of them makes me feel different.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2000 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothingface" got me hooked, eternally, on voivod. that album is so deep that i've listened to it hundreds of times and it still evokes the same images and feelings. it never gets old. i never thought they could top that album, but "angel rat" immediately added a dimension (no pun) to the band that was completely unexpected. "the prow" is one of my favorite songs, by any group. in conclusion, i'd have to say nothingface and angel rat are tied. each have own feel and can't be compared to each other.
glowhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2000 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Voivod cd i bought was Nothing Face, it gave me a ripping headache. But in time it became my favorite cd. The Outer Limits comes in a close second.
void

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2000 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, friends, it is indeed hard for me to decide, but at the moment it is phobos followed by nothingface and the outer limits.
i also quite like all the albums and nothingface has what i call the soul..........anyway, they are all awesome!

killingtechnology

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so much great material, it's hard to put one above the others----but if I was tortured to reveal my favorite, it would have to be NOTHINGFACE. There is so much texture and emotion, not to mention diversity on that album. It's interesting to listen to their albums from the very beginning to present day. They've changed so much yet have still retained their sound and have always done their "own" thing regardless of the music scene at he time
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this is a tough one- I'm gonna have to go with "Nothingface" because when it came out in '89, there was nothing even remotely as original as that. The story, the lyrics, and the music were so incredible and complex that it was absolutely mesmerizing. It still sounds great today, all these years later! I also love "Angelrat", which came as a complete surprise because it was a bit more melodic, but still definitely unique and equally compelling. I view it as an "emotional" Voivod album. "The Outer Limits" is fucking incredible: I could listen to that one every day and still find something different within its' songs. It's almost like a hybrid of both "Nothingface" and "Angelrat", with the structural complexity of NF, and the melodicism of AR. Also, I can't forget "Dimension Hatross", which was the second Voivod album I bought (after "Killing Technology")and the album that began that era of the Voivod sound. Listening to Voivod is like tripping on acid without the negative side-effects.
ponk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NothingFace is great but the best VoiVod by far is the recording previous to Nothingface, "Dimension Hatross". As far as I am concerned Dimension Hatross is a perfect album and the music there has never been repeated, even remotely, by any other band. Dimension Hatross is also my favorite recording of all time.
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in a 1992 magazine that a mother was attempting to sue Voivod, claiming that the Nothingface album had consumed her son. She said that he holed himself up in his room, only came out for food, and listened to Nothingface over and over and over.

...What's wrong with that?
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I wish Mom hadn't gone and done that, she's always trying to embarrass me! Seriously, I think my parents liked the fact that I spent my youth locked in my room listening to Voivod; it kept me from bothering them!
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mother was trying to sue VOIVOD?
That is a very funny story.. i wonder if it actually happened..
hey maybe she will start posting angry messages here..
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to gather some opinions here about Phobos. How would you rate it against Negatron?
Is it worth buying?
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorge, I was wondering the same about phobos. I don't have the cd yet, but have heard it's alot better than Negatron.
Korgull

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite Voivod album is Nothingface, by far their best moment. Also well rated im my opinion are Dimension Hatross and Angel Rat, but Nothingface gave Voivod their personality.
doomsafri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)killin technology/negatron/angel rat/outer limit...................hmm fuck! this is so difficult. I think it depends on my mood.
Page 1 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: