View topic - What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?

Reply to topic
What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?
« View next topic »
nanofish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an artist and a musician and for me personally, Nothingface's art is otherworldly. When I was attending college people always asked me what artists had influenced me and my reply was instantly Michel Langevin. The pixelated, old-school computer look embodies the tones and moods on Nothingface perfectly. I rarely go a few days without sitting and staring at the artwork. Just like the music, it lets a person transcend the reality of their surroundings.
Pup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too scared to scream - PERIOD !

(although Away did give me some prelimenary sketches for the Negatron Cover - I really must scan these in for you all)
Panzer213

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is The Outher Limits definitely!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
owlhiss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 way tie for nothingface/angelrat/outerlimits.

love the back of angel rat with spider and the guy looking out the window.
and its great outer limits goes back to the song by song with 3d glasses.. SO voivod.
i looked at nothingface with the 3D glasses.
not 3-D, but whoaaa......

how about favorite voivod videos? + They have to come out with a video/dvd one of these days.. maybe something like a documentary or something, but only the band controls it so it's alot cooler.. like the sugarcubes vid.
maybe after this album and tour they'll have the money to do it. If i was in a big band and i listened to voivod, i'd pay for it to happen *elbow, elbow*
PRIESTBATHORY@AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2000 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THE "ANGEL RAT"
EVEN GOT IT TATOOED
SNAKE THOUGHT IT WAS COOL MET EM AT THE STUDIO ONE SHOW IN NEWARK, NJ W/FIGHT
BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO NOTHING FACE!!
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2000 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio One??? That's a club name I haven't heard in years! Played there quite a bit when I lived in Jersey '91-'92. Never got to see Voivod there though. By the time they toured for "The Outer Limits", I had moved back to New Orleans and saw them here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
PigFoetus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing Technology, though Nothingface is a close second.

I just love the simplistically dark and warped bio-technological fusion. I reproduced it faithfully on a leather jacket once (many moons ago), and I was very proud of the result.

Then it cracked and I replaced it with a near-perfect reproduction of the cover of Beneath the Remains by Sepultura, but although the latter was my best work ever, I still missed the Killing Technology cover.
geneyos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 favourite ones...
First of all I have to mention The Outer Limits, which one is the best ever!!! Who else could have thought of such an individual thing, as this: making a cd-cover in 3D? Excellent masterpiece from Michel, especially that every song has a separate picture....
The second one is Nothingface, I could copy the reason....
And the third one is the cover of Dimension Hatröss, which one also expresses the songs themes and conveys the full atmosphere of the album.
In the meantime I think the worst one could be Kronik's, which one has the same type of themes as some in Phobos. However, Phobos is a different thing from this, because of the meaning of the full story - I think the artworx are expressive, but I don't like it because it starts to be a little bit childish, as Kronik already is.
Negatron is O.K. (my favourite from this is Boi-TV)
The Diseased Fog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the best example of the cover art typically adorning the front cover of any Voivod album would be the NOTHINGFACE cover art. If I remember correctly, the concept had to do with The Voivod's continued travels in space where he encounters these automated factories that would navigate out to the asteroids and extract aluminum, but the robots had a breakdown in their processors that kind of resembles a degenerative brain disorder. The front cover art reminds me of the lyrics from Pre-Ignition, and even the song "Golem" from Angel Rat. The puzzle Yuri referred to exists, and it exists in every Voivod Album there is. It's that nagging puzzle that got stuck like a splinter in my head since I picked up my first album. Not only would I advise anyone to look for albums on sites like Ebay, but everywhere, even in second-hand music stores. If they had an implant that streamed nonstop voivod into my auditory brain centers, I would have it installed.
arcan
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, sure I do agree with most of you but
in addition to artwork in Nothingface,
Outer limits and Angel Rat (man I love that
cover page) I should add Negatron's pix
I found on a web site which all are made
by away by hand and then kinda added lots
of computer stuff... these also rule...

to yuri:
i can email them to you if you like...
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey D. Fog,I NEED one of those implants! Kinda like a sountrack to life, in real time. Perhaps I'd be easier to get along with...
The Diseased Fog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would all be easier to get along with if we had an all-voivodian soundtrack spooling away inside our heads. Actually, I was thinking what it would be like if there were a computerized sound mixer that determines the waveform pattern in a song and sort of combines it with another to make a whole new song. Now, keeping that in mind, imagine taking every voivod song in existence and making one song out of them all, then asking the band to perform it. To be honest, I don't think it would be possible considering the diverse musical frameworks the band has been working with. Then again, you never know. These boys are some talented musical cosmonauts.
icheherntion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as difficult as the best album/song questions, but not easy at all. That's my top four:

Nothingface
The Outer Limits
Phobos
Rrröööaarr
acme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing face
The Outcast
Helldriver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st : War and pain because it's strongly in adequation with the music : raw, mean and impressive.
2nd : Killing Technology because I liked this type of sleeves in the 80's and it's one of the best, imo.
3rd : Angel Rat is really a smart drawing.
Page 2 of 6 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: