View topic - 09-Phobos

Reply to topic
09-Phobos

voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 09-Phobos
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: 09-Phobos Reply with quote

Post your Phobos reviews here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
vortex
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHOBOS:FUCK YEAH DOES VOIVOD LIVE!!!! This one Kicks Fucking Ass! All the tunes on this are brain-pounding and very Voivod. Heavy CHAOTIC,SCI-FI,AND DARK overtones!!!! THIS ONE IS THE OTHER FAVORITE ALBUM. The opener "Rise", "Mercury","PHOBOS"(fuck yeah!)," Bacteria"(!!!!) and "Nuetrino" are real stand-out tracks. JASON NEWSTED, formerly of Fagtallica (metallica), makes an appearance on a song he wrote with Voivod called "M-Body". It's a bad-ass song.And don't forget about "21st Century Szchitzoid Man" which was originally done by Tony Levin and KING CRIMSON! To be honest, this version was better in some ways, but not in others. Just check out the origional and you compare.I can't wait to hear the new stuff(Welcome back SNAKE)!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding cd.This 1 kicks ass.The concept,the songs,the art work is fucking Killer.Erics vocals are amazing on this 1.Any 1 who has not hered his work is missing out.He aint the original member but fuck man give credit where it is due.The recording could have been a little better but that has a lot to due with$$$$ I am sure.
Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Marilyn Manson, make him sing about space vampire computer robots, take out all the goth imagery and replace it with horror/sci-fi, coat with distortion and lots of electronica sounding samples and effects.

Make it nice and muddy sounding too. That's Phobos for you. Add a bad-ass King Crimson cover to sweeten the deal.
Levitation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Phobos" is mean, evil-sounding and very psychedelic! "Phobos" is a return to the Dimension -sound with a massive guitar-sound. Eric's voice fits in perfectly and Phobos comes close to being my fav Voivod album!
Ne0rC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have scans of the full inlays? I don't think I have the whole thing, and might have to buy it again.
code

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I prefer the Snake lineup this album is so damn great. Compared to Negatron Voivod really found their sound again. Phobos is a brutal blow right in your face. So damn heavy and dark. I love the production as well. Its totaly scrappy and dirty. Lots of weird effects and noises and Away on accordion is just a winner! It feels like a mix between War and Pain and Dimension Hatröss from time to time. Wich is such a wonderful mix.
I almost like Phobos more than the new record with snake because Phobos feels more psycho, weird, more Voivod in a way.

Highlights: Rise, Phobos, Bacteria, Temps Mort, The Tower, Quantum, Forlorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 09-Phobos

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: