View topic - BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE

Reply to topic
BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE Reply with quote

BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE

(Nuclear Blast)

Having sung the praises of these Austrian nutcases for the past few years it’s gratifying to say the least to see the metal world sitting up and finally taking notice. And having signed to NB can only be a good thing; that’s if they don’t get buried under the avalanche of more known bands on NB’s roster - always a danger.

As for Bondage Goat Zombie (winner for unique album title if nothing else) what we have here are 9 tracks of Marquis De Sade inspired, leather ‘n latex, whips ‘n masks perverse metal, full of guttural groans and female moaning weaved into a tasty black/death bukkake. Tearing blood-soaked pages from their previous 3 albums – Lucifer Incestus, Goatreich-Fleshcult and Pestapokalypse IV respectively – it’s astonishingly affective, especially combined with the powerhouse production of Andy Classen. Album opener and the title track blasts from your speakers like venom from a spitting cobra; it’s fascinating to watch but lethal in equal measure. Stigma Diabolicum, Sexdictator Lucifer and Justine: Soaked in Blood tells you all you need to know what lyrical content you’ll find within. It’s kinda like Motley Crue’s Girls Girls Girls, by way of the crucifix scene in The Exorcist.

Not for everyone, sure, but if you can overlook the gratuitous and sometimes silly macho bullshit and female objectifying then it’s a damn good metal album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTy6_m6KGUE

Bacteria13.
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of what passes for BM / DM nowadays, but i can truly say i am impressed with this album..
The playing and specially the SONGWRITING are top notch..
there are a million technical BM / DM bands.. but only very few can write songs you can actually remember.. Belphegor is one of those bands..

Bondage Goat Zombie is a must for every BM / DM fan..
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » BELPHEGOR – BONDAGE GOAT ZOMBIE

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: