View topic - GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Reply to topic
GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS Reply with quote

GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

This amazing demo spat forth from four-young ‘ead bangers is a perfect mash of early thrash & death metal. Think Endless Pain-era Kreator or Sentence of Death Destruction, in fact, alongside Seattle’s Scorched Earth I can’t remember the last time I heard old-school thrash played with such precision.

Recorded at home, this 8-track CD of real metal is noticeable on two counts: One, that like Metalsteel before them they are still teenagers, and that secondly they have turned their back on what’s ‘trendy’ and exhumed and embraced the early sound of Thrash. From the rifferific (copyright, Bacteria13) opener ‘Through the Fire’ to the frantic title track, Guillotine offer the listener nearly 50-minutes of fist-banging mania, as well as an instrumental, ‘A Red Sky Rises’, with snarling, Sodom-esque vocals and screeching guitar solos galore. Alongside Daniel Tidwell on vocals and guitar and his brother-in-arms James Eric also on guitar/backing vocals, Matt Taylor on bass and Chris Simon on drums complete the metal-quartet, proudly raising the flag of hate for all to see.

Some may say that the production is a tad weak, but I maintain that it adds to its appeal, and gives it that genuine early '80’s Teutonic thrash feel that the band have duplicated with seeming ease.

With time and the right people behind them there’s no reason why Guillotine shouldn’t make a name for themselves – thrash 'til death indeed ...

Twisted Evil

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » GUILLOTINE – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: