View topic - IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH

Reply to topic
IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH Reply with quote

IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH (EMI RECORDS)

For a bunch of ole geezers they simply get better and better, don’t they? Building and expanding on 2000’s ‘Brave New World’ Maiden threw away any doubt they had regarding writing sweeping, almost classical inspired songs, if anything they launched into this album with vigorous zeal .‘Paschendale’, ‘Face in the Sand’, ‘Journeyman’, the incredible title track, Maiden did what they did best and stamped home a classic album with classic songs not heard since ‘Powerslave’.
I won’t waste your time or mine writing more on this superb album that you haven’t heard or read for yourself, rather than to say that this was one of the top albums of 2003, period.

Very Happy

Bacteria13.

Last edited by Bacteria13 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
DBC
Warrior of Ice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read pre and anti "Dance of Death" topics on the VV- and other boards, so it must be a very tippical album Confused

I agree with you when you say, it's another classic Maidenalbum. There are some week parts on it, but overall it's a great album that has spirit like the old one's. For me is "Face in the Sand" the best song on the album, but there are more good stuff on it. "Journeyman" is on the NmL single as extra track in electricversion and than it's even better.

Making an album like that, after al those years is very respectable, isn't it?

Grtz, DBC
President X-D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dance of death took some gettin used to for me. but i grew to realy like it. it aint my favorite maiden, thats for sure. but its got some great stuff on it and it has a hell of a lot of variety.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Back to top
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are endless threads over at the iron maiden forums (www.ironmaiden.org) about the production of this album.

Supposedly this album was recorded with the band playing "live" with minimal overdubs.
I hate it. It sounds like a cheap demo made by a 16 year old kid on his bedroom.
The cheap sound does not help the fact that the songs are pretty weak except one or two numbers.
This album, IMO is a huge dissapointment, specially after the "Brave New World," which is easily the best thing they've put out in many years.

Completely gone are the distinctive multipart songs, the tempo changes, the technical playing. It all has been replaced with boring 4/4 playing with 3 guitar players hashing out the same heavy rock chords that have been played a million times.

Makes you pray for Bruce to do some more solo albums Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get enough "Dance of Death" bashing..
look at the artwork.. i have seen 13 year olds do better things with Photoshop and 3D Max..
it is easily the worse Maiden record cover *ever*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » IRON MAIDEN – DANCE OF DEATH

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: