View topic - Favorite VOIVOD song

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD song
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song
« View next topic »
sergio ortiz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It´s hard to select any of the voivod songs because all of them are cool, but I would like to choose tornado from the L.P. killing technology. It´s a song that really describe´s how a tornado is able to cause and how is created and the most interesting thing about it is the information the song has in it about the tornado´s nature.
Gir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choosing only one song out of 9 LPs isn't really fair. Even choosing the best song out of some Voïvod albums is too difficult. Besides, along the years my fave songs have changed and I suppose that it will happen in the future too.
At the moment my favourite is Twin Dummy from Angel Rat -album. It even inspired me to draw a comic strip about a nightmare that I had when I was a kid. In the dream I was in a funfair (just like in the song) and there was a sort of twin dummy too (image of me lying dead in a coffin).
Panzer213

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. War & Pain: Nuclear War
2. Rrroooaaarrr: Ripping Headaches
3. Killing : Ravenous Medicine
4. Dimension: Tribal Convictions
5. Nothingface: Pre-Ignition
6. Angel Rat: Clounds in my house
7. Outer Limits: Jack Luminous
8. Negatron: Nanoman
9. Phobos: Mercury

that's it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is impossible to answer without having mixed feelings, but I would say "Angel Rat". I don't think a lot of people would pick that one but for me it does something. But that goes for most of their material, of course. It's just that the entire Angel Rat album has a very strange vibe and the title track kind of stands out for some reason.
owlhiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

errrrrrr that's even harder. many many favorites like the whole dimension hatros.
personal favs -
Ravonous Medicine - probably has to do with the video.. i love that video!
twin dummy - has that part in the middle that is just schizophrenic. if radiohead had this on their album, everyone would freak. this is why kid a isn't impressive.
one-way street - it's the end with the lazers.
reality - this song would kick live
bacteria - love the guitars
PigFoetus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tornado.

Fantastically energetic, winding up to a crescendo. Nothing better to fling yourself at the walls to.
geneyos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I have A favourite one...
I like too many of them, and that's why I'd rather say: For my favourite songs see Discography chapter Very Happy
You'll find them starting at Killing album. The only exceptions are: the venom cover - I hate it - , Too scared to scream, Cockroaches - these are similar to the previous albums' sound, that's why I don't like 'em much.
The other albums are full of great songs; I always have a fave (or some faves), but it always depends on my mood....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuclear War for its caotic rythm
The Diseased Fog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above and beyond all the great work this band has been pumping out, I think it's a tie between the title track from the Phobos album, (Love those reverb-heavy guitar licks), Astronomy Domine from Nothingface, and the title track from Angel Rat. I know that one is alot mellower than most of their tunes, but it takes me to some wild places when I listen to it and get baked all at the same time.
ak-47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite Voivod song is possibly Ravenous Medicine. I love the aggression, lyrics, message and the video. the video gets cold shivers up and down my spine every time i see it... phew!
Christofer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgotten in space!!!

...or Mercury?

Can't make up my maind! =)
icheherntion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again almost impossible to decide. I'll pick one song for each album, that's a bit easier (but still hard enough...):

War & Pain - Nuclear War
Rrröööaaarrr - Korgüll The Exterminator
Killing Technology - Tornado
Dimension Hatröss - Cosmic Drama
Nothingface - Into My Hypercube
Angel Rat - The Prow
The Outer Limits - Jack Luminous
Negatron - Meteor
Phobos - Rise
Kronik - Forlorn
Blue Nine

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingface & Jack Luminous are too right here. Picking a "#1" song out of a catalogue as diverse as Voivod's is difficult at best. But, since that's what the question was, I'd have to give that nod to "Sub-Effect" mostly for the extremely graphic dream about drowning I had when I fell asleep listening to it. There's something incredibly paranoid about that song, it freaks me out everytime I hear it.
Blue Nine
shane

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its extremely difficult to narrow it down to only a few songs that i like(cuz they're all great)but, for today anyways, its Angel Rat, Jack Luminous, Reality?(that one puts me in a sweat every time i play it...intensity times 10!)and Brain Scan.

i'd just like to backtrack a bit and list a few bands i'd like to hear on a Voivod tribute album: Primus,Soundgarden,Mr. Bungle,Sepultura,Gwar(or DBX),Venom and Celtic Frost.
BZZZT!
Helldriver

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Shane it doesn't seem like you're going to hear some of those bands covering VOIVOD, considering that they've broken up but whatever.

As far as favorites go, I like "forgotten in space" and "brain scan" just fine.
Page 3 of 8 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: